I absolutely love gingerbread so when Gemma and Pete asked me to create some gingerbread to their semi naked wedding cake I was super excited.
This recipe is super easy, super delicious and yet naturally eggless, dairy free and vegan.
If you like your gingerbread crispy leave in the oven for just a minute or two longer and store in a air tight container. If you like them a little soft then they will naturally do this being left out in the air on a decorated cake. I personally prefer when they go a little soft and chewy!
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
2 tea spoons of ground ginger
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
75g soft brown sugar
75g stork block margarine
3 table spoons of golden syrup
- Preheat a fan oven to 150'c (170'c conventional)
- Measure and sift the flour, bicarbonate and ginger
- Warm the sugar, margarine and golden syrup in a pan till just melted
- Allow to cool slightly for around 5-10 minutes
- Mix well until you form a smooth dough
- Roll out and cut out any shapes you wish and add on a baking tray lined with grease proof
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool before decorating
If you make any gingerbread using this recipe do please share with a tag #lucielovestobake as I would love to see your creations. You can cut any shapes you wish but personally I love the nostalgia of the gingerbread man and woman!
Love Lucie x